Guberman // Appleby Immigration Lawyers
Guberman // Appleby Immigration Lawyers are equipped to handle all varieties of Canadian and US immigration matters. We are creative. We are modern. We are the now and the future of immigration law.
Leading Immigration Lawyers
Based in Toronto, Canada; available everywhere; serving the world
Serving a wide range of industries and helping businesses of all sizes, professionals, individuals, families, law firms and professional services firms, our focus is Canadian and US immigration law. Working with clients from around the world, we seamlessly meet all of your immigration needs, be it work permits, permanent residence, family sponsorship, inadmissibility, start ups, study permits, visitor entries, compliance and strategic planning.
With over 70 years of combined experience, our expert lawyers come from both boutique and big firm backgrounds, ultimately creating a niche and focused environment knowing that it provides clients with optimal results. We emphasize exceptional, bespoke and responsive service. Every file is a person, not a folder, number, or cog. We understand our clients, their businesses, their goals and their families. Based in Toronto, Canada, our reach is worldwide.
We have achieved extraordinary results for clients in manufacturing, retail, design, technology, consulting, film, television, theatre, wealth management, family held business, fashion, insurance, health care, engineering, finance, investment, social media, athletics, mining, gaming, public speaking, advertising, hospitality and many other sectors. We are proud of our longstanding relationships with our clients, many of whom have retained us for decades. Clients return to us again and again for assistance with ongoing immigration needs.
Guberman // Appleby Immigration Lawyers recognizes that every immigration situation requires a unique approach. We have the patience, the passion and persistence to solve challenging legal problems by applying our knowledge to achieve positive outcomes whether it is cross border or international immigration.
Over the years, we have worked on more cases than we can count. From the straightforward to complex, there is always something that stands out about each case. We have:
- Reunited spouses from around the world
- Enabled start up and established technology companies to access the best and the brightest global talent for their operations in Canada and the US
- Helped entrepreneurs and companies scale their businesses in Canada and the US
- Facilitated the international movement of executive and specialized knowledge individuals to work locations in Canada and the US
- Leveraged various international treaties and agreements to help companies and individuals obtain work permits in Canada and the US
- Solved issues pertaining to residency obligations in Canada and the US and attaining citizenship
- Evaluated company’s current temporary foreign worker compliments and developed compliance programs and reviews
- Established immigration policies for clients to put into practice
- Obtained permission for actors, directors and many other creatives to work in Canada and the US
- Advised with respect to thousands of complex cross border immigration matters including travel restrictions, quarantine and vaccination requirements
- Identified potential immigration consequences of mergers and acquisitions
- Strategized unique immigration situations to successful conclusion
Our goal is to ensure that our clients have a seamless and positive experience while working through any immigration challenges they may face.
Our Immigration Lawyers Include Past Chairs, Members, and Current Members of:
Awards & Recognitions
Over the years, we have been repeatedly and continually recognized in the Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Law, Best Lawyers, Chambers, Top Ranked Lawyers, and our lawyers have always been members of the top immigration law boutiques as selected by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
According to the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, the official research partner of the International Bar Association, Joel has been variously cited as “…the leading lawyer in Canada for corporate immigration matters” and, internationally, one of the “…most highly regarded individuals.” He has been listed in that publication for 20 years running. Most recently, he has been called “…a stellar practitioner who stands out for his experience handling international business-related immigration matters.” Joel is also consistently named in Best Lawyers, Lexpert, and is ranked in Chambers Global as an “Eminent Practitioner” who “…provides corporate immigration to a wide array of clients…” and has been ranked in Martindale Hubbell for more than 15 years.”
Lainie Michelle is recognized as a National and Global Leader in Corporate Immigration by Who’s Who Legal. She is renowned for being “the number one power house in Ontario” for port of entry matters. She is also recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada for her work in immigration law.
Contact Guberman // Appleby Immigration Lawyers today to discuss your case and schedule a virtual or in-person consultation appointment.