Canadian and US Immigration Law

International Agreements / International Treaties

International Agreements / International Treaties

Canada maintains international treaties with several countries and many of these treaties contain provisions concerning Temporary Foreign Workers. These provisions facilitate the international movement of foreign workers. 

US and Mexican citizens may apply for work permits under the Canada United States Mexico Agreement (CUSMA). Likewise there is a  Canada Colombia Free Trade Agreement, Canada Peru Free Trade Agreement, Canada South Korea Free Trade Agreement, Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans Pacific Partnership (Australia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru), Canada European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)  and the Agreement on Trade Continuity between Canada and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (CUKTCA) 

Within each of these agreements, there are provisions concerning business visitors, professionals, and intra-company transferees and often investors/traders. Some of the treaties have special categories for graduate trainees.

Work with a Leading Canadian Immigration Lawyer

When you need a Canadian immigration lawyer or US immigration lawyer to help you take advantage of international agreement immigration opportunities, Guberman // Appleby is the right firm for you.

Our team of experienced immigration lawyers is ready to walk you through the options available to you under the relevant agreements and treaties. We will help you prepare your application so you can guarantee the best possible outcome – Contact us today.