Canadian and US Immigration Law

US Spousal Immigration Petitions

US Spousal Immigration Petitions – Bringing Spouses to Live in the United States as a Permanent Resident

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) may apply to bring their foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States as a permanent resident. The petitioner must be legally married to their foreign national spouse. Legally recognized same-sex marriages are also eligible.

The sponsoring spouse (petitioner) must file form I-130 and a Petition for Alien Relative with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This form establishes the relationship between the petitioner and the foreign national spouse.

The petitioner needs to provide evidence of a bona fide marriage, demonstrating that the marriage is genuine and not solely for immigration purposes.

Work with Leading US Immigration Lawyers in Toronto

The US immigration lawyers at Guberman // Appleby are here to guide you through the process of having your spouse legally reside with you in the United States. If you or your family member is interested in filing a US spousal immigration petition, contact us today.